6 Tips How to Stop Your Dog From Chewing Shoes
- 1 6 Tips How to Stop Your Dog From Chewing Shoes
- 1.1 Why are dogs chewing on slippers and other shoes?
- 1.2 How to Stop a Dog From Chewing Shoes
- 1.2.1 Best 2020 Dog Toys Review
- 188.8.131.52 SHARLOVY Dog Chew Toys for Puppies Teething
- 184.108.40.206 . Aipper Dog Puppy Toys 12 Pack, Puppy Chew Toys for Playtime and Teeth Cleaning, IQ Treat Ball Squeak Toys and Dog Flying Disc Included, Puppy Teething Toys for Medium to Small Dogs, (Assorted Colors)
- 220.127.116.11 SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy
- 18.104.22.168 Nylabone Puppy Toy Bundle with Puppy Starter Pack, Puppy Chew Toys, Teething Chew Toys, and Bacon Puppy Treat
- 22.214.171.124 LEGEND SANDY Squeaky Plush Dog Toy Pack for Puppy, Small Stuffed Puppy Chew Toys 12 Dog Toys Bulk with Squeakers, Cute Soft Pet Toy for Small Medium Size Dogs
- 1.2.1 Best 2020 Dog Toys Review
Why are dogs chewing on slippers and other shoes?
In fact, the reasons are quite banal! The dog chews slippers or other shoes, if:
1. he is alone at home (boredom, loneliness)
2. feels anxious (e.g. when you are away for a long time)
3. wants you to pay attention to him
4. teeth change (this applies to puppies)
5. fear or phobia 6. excess energy
7. diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
As you can see, a dog doesn’t always chew on your shoes just because he has an emotional breakdown. And he won’t do it out of revenge or harm. It could be a lack of communication or stressful situations. In addition, the wrong food or some stomach diseases can also cause your dog to chew on something. This is especially likely if a grown dog suddenly starts chewing on shoes.
As for puppies, almost all young dogs are very energetic. If he can’t spit out all the energy he’s got on his walk, he’ll probably do it at home with all the consequences.
You should wean your pet off this bad habit as soon as possible. Apart from the irritation your dog brings you, it is dangerous even for him. For example, he may chew on a wire or rupture a pack of detergent and become poisoned. Remember, your pet doesn’t distinguish between 200 bucks shoes or an old rag. And you certainly don’t think that your dog misbehaves to piss you off. By the way, this isn’t the worst thing a dog can do. The key is to help him stop mistaking your slippers for a dog toy.
How to Stop a Dog From Chewing Shoes
Why a dog chews slippers we already know, now we offer a few tips to help get rid of this habit. Notice that it’s easier to work with puppies than with grown-up pets.
1. Spend as much time with your puppy as possible during the first month after purchase. Take control of his behavior. It’s important to buy enough toys that fit his age. As soon as you notice that your puppy has become interested in shoes, try switching his attention to a toy.
2.When they caught the pet on “crime”, under no circumstances should you hit or yell at the dog. In a firm and loud voice, say, “NO”. Take the item he chewed and put it back to its place. With your tone, you will let him know that he did the wrong thing. And when a puppy plays with toys, praise him with a kind voice.
3. Remove anything of “interest” to his teeth. If you are going to be away for a long time, close the shoe cabinets on special locks (they are used for small children). Everywhere in the flat place toys or delicacies for dogs that you can buy at the pet store.
4. Contact a professional trainer. A professional will help you get rid of this habit, as well as establish a close relationship with your pet. Your dog will learn how to follow commands and will be taught useful rules.
5. Active games. Most dog breeds are energetic enough. That’s why they love active games (throwing a stick or ball). Increase your dog’s walking time so he’ll run and play spending all his energy so it won’t be left to destroy your slippers.
6. Consult the vet. It may be worth changing your dog’s food or checking his health.
Best 2020 Dog Toys Review
Now let’s take a look at the rescue service for your shoes, best dog toys.
SHARLOVY Dog Chew Toys for Puppies Teething
SHARLOVY Dog Chew Toys for Puppies Teething
This pack of toys has everything what your naughty best friend needs
SUPER VALUE SETS FOR ALL OCCASIONS: 14 pack pet toys for dogs, contains 9 COTTON TUG ROPE DOG TOYS, IQ TREAT BALL, RUBBER DOG TOOTHBRUSH STICK, BANANA DOG TOY, RUBBER BONE and FRISBEE . Cute dog’s toys for daily life’s requirements: teething, training and interactive playing.
Teething-chewing SHARLOVY rubber toothbrush and bone toys with soft spikes, dogs get gum massage and stress relief. These puppy teething toys not only clean the incisors, but also help to clean dental plaque which hides in the dead corner, remove it and prevent decay.
Training- A tired dog is a good dog. Playing frisbee games, a dog will run more and exercise more. Squeaky IQ treat ball is a great dog enrichment toy to increase dogs’ IQ when dogs learn to toss and roll it to get their snacks out.
Interactive playing- SHARLOVY rope toys with handle ring design are suitable for indoor and outdoor activities, convenient to play with your dogs, such as tug of war, toss and fetch games. That positively enhances the relationship between you and your dogs. Also, when you are busy, dogs can play these multicolor rope pull toys themselves and don’t feel lonely.
. Aipper Dog Puppy Toys 12 Pack, Puppy Chew Toys for Playtime and Teeth Cleaning, IQ Treat Ball Squeak Toys and Dog Flying Disc Included, Puppy Teething Toys for Medium to Small Dogs, (Assorted Colors)
Aipper Dog Puppy Toys are created for small to medium dogs.
Well made of high-quality material, non-toxic and safe, Not easy to bite broken by your puppy. Clean and inspect after each use, remove damaged pet toys. 12 Pack durable dog toys include :
Dental cleaning chew toys- get teeth cleaning, gums massage and stress relief, help to redirect bad biting behavior:
interactive toys- keep your best friend entertained for hours of entertainment and exercise, IQ treat ball, flyer dog toy ropes toys, 2.4-inch bounce rubber balls that can float on water, squeaky toys, shoe toys.
SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy
This toy was created for dogs to relieve stress and anxiety. This toy is unreplaceable when you introducing a new home to a puppy taking him from his mum. It reduces stress caused by fireworks and thunderstorms as well.
Helps with crate training by reducing negative behaviors such as whining and barking, which also helps YOU sleep at night.
“Real-feel” pulsing heartbeat and heat pack calm by appealing to natural instincts.
Machine washable on a gentle cycle.
Nylabone Puppy Toy Bundle with Puppy Starter Pack, Puppy Chew Toys, Teething Chew Toys, and Bacon Puppy Treat
Nylabone Puppy Toy made from natural rubber and contains delicious chicken and bacon flavor dogs love. You don’t need to worry about your slippers anymore that definitely less delicious than flavored Nylobone Puppy Toys.
It massages the gums and helps relieve teething pain with raised nubs and fun T-Rex shape.
Puppy bundle intended for pups up to 25 pounds.
LEGEND SANDY Squeaky Plush Dog Toy Pack for Puppy, Small Stuffed Puppy Chew Toys 12 Dog Toys Bulk with Squeakers, Cute Soft Pet Toy for Small Medium Size Dogs
LEGEND SANDY Squeaky Plush Dog Toy Pack is a real gift for your pet. Your playful puppy will never get tired of playing with dinosaur, giraffe, panda, chicken, lamb, frog, lobster, octopus, whale, turtle, squirrel and pig dog toys.
These squeaky toys for dogs are made of soft, non-toxic cotton and plush, which is quite suitable for teething and dental cleaning. All of the squeaky dog toys are with squeakers and it is easy for puppy & small dogs to make the squeaker sound. The dog plush toy set is hand-stitched instead of glued. They are allowed to wash by hand or machine.